CRIME SURE TO OVERWHELM LAMPY IN ANNUAL GAME

Critics All Predict 23-2 Victory for Crimson Wednesday--Fear Dampness May Slow Up Infields' Action

Mr. AUBURN STREET, May 12.--After a three hour conference late this afternoon CRIMSON representatives succeeded in forcing the cringing cohorts of Lampy to sign articles for the annual diamond contest of brain and brawn. Immediately after the conference, however, in a desperate spirit of bravado, Lampy handed the CRIMSON the following challenge:

"The Harvard Lampoon, with the graciousness and condescension born of its longstanding victories over the CRIMSON'S unclean hordes, and with the usual, useless request that said literary abortion and misconception--namely and to wit, CRIMSON--refrain from such misdemeanors as are punishable by law (expectorating on the floor, throwing lighted matches, cigarettes, or corn-cobs out of the car windows, riding on the platform, indulging in spirituous liquors in an immedicinal or ungentlemanly sort of way, or talking unnecessarily to the motorman) the Harvard Lampoon, I say, under all foregoing and said conditions, challenges the Harvard CRIMSON, to its annual baseball game on Wednesday. May the 16th (sixteenth) at 3.00 (three) o'clock in the afternoon, and begs, firstly, that the CRIMSON will publish the score of the game only after said game has rightully been played, thereby throwing tradition to the winds, and, secondly, informing the CRIMSON that the Harvard Lampoon will accept no bribe for the misrepresentation of said score".

It is therefore certain that on Wednesday the Pen-pusher and the this will line upon Soldiers Field in full regalia. But upon learning that the wearers of the Crimson had again decided to comply with a precedent of sixteen years and would probably defeat Lampy by the usual overwhelming score of 23-2, the spirits of the this became immediately damponed. The saturation point, it is announced, will be reached at three o'clock Wednesday.