CRIMSON CELEBRATES FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY WITH DINNER TONIGHT

EDITORS TO INSPECT BUILDING AND SEE WORK ON EXTRA

One hundred and sixty guests, including about sixty graduate editors, forty specially invited guests and the present undergraduate board, will attend the dinner to be given this evening in the Union-in-commemoration of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Harvard CRIMSON. The guests will meet in the Sanctum of the Crimson Building on Plympton Street, where they will inspect the building and see the making up of a special edition of the paper to be on sale at 9.30 o'clock this evening. The banquet begins at 7.30 o'clock.

Mr. F. E. Parker Jr. '18, president of the CRIMSON in 1918, will act as toastmaster of the evening and will introduce Mr. Jerome D. Greene '96 as first speaker of the evening. Mr. Greene was president of the University paper in his graduating year, was secretary for the American Section of the Allied Maritime Transport Council in 1918 and for the Reparations Commission at the Peace Conference in 1919, and is now an Overseer of the University.

Following H. H. Reed '23, president of the CRIMSON for the last term, Professor Edward H. Warren '95, president of the board in his senior year will speak. Professor Warren is Storey Professor of Law at the Harvard Law School and was acting dean there in the year 1921-22.

A speech of particular interest will be that by Mr. Henry C. Merwin '74, who was one of the founders of the CRIMSON. Mr. Merwin was one of the two men who first published "The Magenta" in 1873, a sheet which is the predecessor of the present paper. President Lowell will be the final speaker of the evening.