WINS PARKER SCHOLARSHIP

F. A. O. Schwarz '24 Is First Holder of New Award

Frederick August Otto Schwarz '24 of Greenwich, Conn., is the first winner of the scholarship recently established at the College in memory of the late Richard Perkins Parker '22 of Salem, by the gift of some ninety of his friends.

This scholarship is to be awarded annually to a "man of excellent character and ability", a member of the junior class, to be chosen by the college authorities with the approval of a committee representing the donors. Schwarz, the first man selected for the honor, stands this year for the second time in the second group of scholars, and already holds an honorary Harvard College scholarship. Last year he was librarian of the Phillips Brooks House Association.

Richard Perkins Parker, in whose memory the scholarship was established, was killed an airplane accident near Paris on September 6, 1921. For a year he served as secretary of the class of 1922; he was also an editor of the Lampoon and a member of the second football team.

The Jacob Wendell Scholarship has been awarded to Mason Hammond '25 of Nahant, a first group scholar.