LAFA YETTE VETERANS TO INVADE STADIUM

Spalding Will Be Held in Reserve--University Nine Takes Day Off and Visits Braves Field

Today at 4 o'clock on Soldiers field, the University baseball team will meet the Lafayette College nine in the 14th game of the season. The Crimson showed its ability to recover from a slump by easily defeating the Springfield Y. M. C. A. combination on Monday, and Coach Slattery decided to give his team a rest yesterday, taking them to watch the Braves play in Boston. Herrmann, who will be used as a relief pitcher for the Princeton contest, will probably start on the mound for the Crimson, but he is almost certain to be replaced later in the game by Spalding.

Lafayette Record Erratic

The Lafayette nine started its season inauspiciously, dropping its initial contest to Boston College by the score of 13 to 9. Its first victory was wrested from Lebanon Valley in an erratic game marked by frequent errors and hard hitting. not until its 7 to 6 defeat by Princeton did the team show its first streak of real baseball. In the lst few games particularly it has shown great improvement, registering four home runs against Pitt, and two against Lehigh. Swarthmore, West Point, and the strong Syracuse team have all been its victories was broken yesterday, however, when Yale defeated the team by the score of 8 to 3.

The nine has been built around eight veterans two of them pitchers, Longaker and Seaman