HOLD FUNERAL SERVICES FOR PROFESSOR HARRIS IN CHAPEL

Was Prominent in Archaeological and Hellenic Circles

The funeral services of Professor William Fenwick Harris '91, Assistant Professor of Greek at the University from 1902 to 1909, were held yesterday afternoon in Appleton Chapel. Professor Harris was on a short trip to New York where he died suddenly on Monday. The services were conducted by the Reverend Emery L. Bradford and the Reverend Bradley Whitney.

Professor Harris graduated from the University with the degree of A.B. in 1891 and the next year received the degree of A.M. He carried on his post-graduate work at the University, Berlin, Paris, and Oxford, returning to Cambridge in 1898 as an instructor in Greek. He was a member of the Archaeological Institute of America, the Boston Archaeological Society, and the Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies. During the war he acted as an instructor in the University R. O. T. C. and served on several war time committees. He was connected with Mr. Francis H. Bacon in the publication of "Investigations at Assos" and assisted in the production of "Agamemnon" in the Stadium in 1906.