SOPHOMORES TURN TABLES IN CLASS CREW RACE-OFF

POMFRET WINS SCHOOL FOURS RACE IN INVITATION REGATTA

In the finals for the class championship of the University yesterday afternoon, the Sophomore A crew won by two and one-half lengths over the Sophomore B Crew, which in turn nosed out the Senior crew by a half dozen feet. By virtue of this victory the 1925 eight has been selected to row against the Yale class crew tomorrow.

Coach Brown told the men before the start that the race would be over the Henley distinct unless the water was too rough, in which case the finish would come at the mile mark.

At the word "go" the three crews set off strongly, but the Seniors quickly took the lead. After two minutes, however, the Sophomore A crew pulled up beside the Senior boat, threatening their lead, and by the time the bridge was reached the Seniors had only slightly the better of it. Despite the waves and a strong wind blowing on the stern of the shells, Coach Brown ordered the coxswains to continue to the Henley distance. In the remaining time the Sophomore first crew rallied strongly while the Seniors seemed to go to pieces, and the former pulled rapidly away. 1925 B just took second. The time was seven minutes and ten seconds.

The water was so rough in the lower half of the Basin that all three crews were forced to pull up on shore and bale out before starting back to the boat-house.

This morning at 7.30 o'clock the 150-pound, second, and class Yale crews arrive, while the Princeton 150-pound crew reaches Boston at the same time.

At 11 o'clock this morning all four crews will be on the river for practice and some time during the afternoon they will row again.