WINNING HOLY CROSS TEAM BACK FOR MORE

Young Will Start on Crimson Mound Backed by Four Victories and No Defeats-Buell Probably Again on Third

This afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field the University baseball team will try to retaliate for the two defeats it suffered at the hands of Holy Cross last spring. It is significant to note that this will be the thirteenth contest of the visitor's season. Coach Slattery has brushed his team up for the contest by two practice games, on Monday against the seconds, and yesterday, against the Freshmen, who offered unexpectedly stiff opposition, succumbing finally by the score of 4 to 0. Young who has been given a rest this week in preparation for today's contest, will start on the mound with four victories to his credit and no defeats. It has not yet been definitely decided who will start the game at third base but Buell who has been out with an injured arm will probably go back to his old position in place of F. S. Hill who has filled it recently.

The Purple team has a particularly reliable pitching squad which is composed of five veterans from last year's team. Carroll will probably start, while Horan will be used as a relief pitcher. The other moundsmen are Tunney, Burke, and Gill, who is the only left-hander. The five other veterans, who form the nucleus of the team are Captain Dugan, Gautrau, Simendinger, Doherty, and Ryan.