FRESHMEN FAVORED TO BEAT ELIS

Undefeated Crimson Team has Much Better Record Than Opponents

The Freshman team is scheduled to meet the Yale first-year men at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon on the Divinity courts. The 1926 players enter the contest with the odds well in their favor because, in addition to a record of no defeats, the Freshmen can find encouragement in the story of Yale's matches. The Eli net-men defeated Hill 5-1, but lost to Choate 2-4 and to the Princeton Freshmen 4-5. The Crimson players, on the other hand, have been scored against only by the Newton High School team, which took four points of their contest to the Freshmen's five. In the encounters with Exeter, Worcester, and the first-year men of M. I. T. Dartmouth, and Tufts, moreover, the Freshman team was bale each time to completely shut out its opponents.

Among the Yale players whose success has been most marked this year are Captain Symington, Gurner, and Wilson. Gurner was captain of the tennis team at St. Mark's last year, while Wilson was a member of the Hill School aggregation which carried away the interscholastic championship year before last.

The singles and doubles matches are as follows:

Singles,--W. T. Smith vs. Car Symington: G. H. Perkins vs. Guy Captain G. D. Debevoise vs. Will Bernard Bandler vs. Jackson; A. L. man vs. de Liagre; G. M. Laimbeer vs. Miller.

Doubles.--Smith and Debevoise Symington and Gurner; Perkins and len vs. Wilson and Jackson; Weis and Laimbeer vs. de Liagre and Mi