FINAL DOUBLES MATCH BRINGS VICTORY TO YALE

Freshman Tennis Players Take Close Contest From Crimson Racquet Men on Divinity Courts by 5 to 4 Count

Showing unexpected strength in the singles, the Yale Freshman tennis players defeated the Crimson first-year men by a 5 to 4 score on the Divinity courts Saturday afternoon. The outcome of the contest was in doubt until the end of the last encounter, the number two doubles, since the Elis captured the singles 4-2 but lost the number one and three matches in the doubles.

In the first set of the last match, A. R. Allen and G. H. Perkins defeated Wilson and Miller 5-7, but the Yale players came back in the next two sets 11-9, 7-5.

The complete summary is as follows:

Singles.--W. T. Smith defeated Captain Symington (Y), 1-6, 6-3, 8-6; Gruner (Y) defeated G. H. Perkins, Debevoise, 6-2, 2-6, 6-4; Bernard Bandler defeated Miller (Y), 6-4, 6-4; Cottle (Y) defeated A. L. Weisman, 7-5, 6-2; de Siagre (Y) defeated G. M. Laimbeer, 6-0, 6-1.

Doubles.--Smith and Debevoise (H) defeated Symington and Gruner (Y), 6-3, 6-1; Wilson and Miller (Y) defeated Perkins and A. R. Allen (H), 5-7, 11-9, 7-5; Weisman and Laimbeer (H) defeated Cottle and de Siagre (Y), 2-6, 6-1, 6-0.