SECONDS DEFEATED BY YALE IN LOOSE CONTEST

University Seconds Drop Free Hitting Game to Blue Baseball Players by a 16 to 11 Count as Season Closes

Saturday afternoon at Soldiers Field, the Yale second team ran wild on the bases and defeated the University nine in its last game of the season by the score of 16 to 11 as the result of two rallies in the sixth and eighth innings. The game, which was loosely played on both sides, was featured by frequent doubles and triples, and two home runs, one by Campbell and the other by Scott.

Until the last four innings, neither team was able to find the opposing pitcher, but in the last half of the contest, the Blue registered nine and the Crimson eight hits, bringing the former's total to 14 and the latter's to 12. The seconds were forced to use three moundsmen, and the visitors also sent in a relief pitcher in the first of the eighth.

The Crimson started the scoring in the last half of the first when with men on first and second, Campbell smashed out a long home run that rolled far out into deep left field.

The Blue cut down the three run lead with one score in the second and one in the third when Scott, first on the batting-order, connected with a straight ball and landed it well over the center fielder's head, easily scoring a home run.