HOCKEY ADVISORY COMMITTEE NAMED

Wrestled in Five Meets But Not Against Yale--Other Awards and Schedules Are Approved

A Hockey Advisory Committee of five members was appointed by the Athletic Committee at its meeting Tuesday night. This is the first time that any such organization has been created for this sport, although similar bodies have for several years played an active part in such branches of athletics as crew and track. George Owen Jr. '23, captain of hockey for the last two years, is the only man now in college selected to serve on the body. Mr. Alfred Winsor '02, who led the University hockey team in 1902 and later as coach established the system of play which is now used by Crimson sextets, will also be a member of the committee, as will Mr. F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the H. A. A.; Mr. W. H. Claflin '15, coach of the University team; and Mr. G. A. Percy '18, a member of the hockey team in 1916 and 1917.

At the same meeting the Athletic Committee approved Freshman golf and football schedules, and several additions and changes in schedules already announced. Awards of insignia, recommended by the Student Council, were also granted by the committee to University and Freshman participants in various Yale contests this winter and to several managers. By a special recommendation of the captain and coach, wrestling insignia was awarded to H. B. Wagner '23, who took part in five meets, but did not wrestle against Yale.

The following schedules and changes were approved.

Second Baseball

Brown Freshman game changed from Saturday, May 19, to Friday, May 18.

Bridgewater Normal School, at Cambridge on Monday, May 28, added.

Lacrosse

Cornell at Cambridge, changed from Friday, May 18, to Monday, May 21.

Yale Freshmen, at Cambridge Saturday, May 26, added to Freshman schedule.

Golf

New York trip, including Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Columbia, changed from May 5 and 7 to May 4 and 5.

Soccer

Northeastern College, at Cambridge, Saturday, October 6, and Lehigh at Cambridge, Monday, December 3, added.

Freshman Golf

Sat., May 5.--Exeter at Lawrence, Mass. (Pending).

Thu., May 10.--Newton High School.

Wed., May 16.--Brookline H. S.

Wed., May 30.--Yale at Providence.

All expenses to be paid by players.

Freshman Football

Oct. 13.--Andover at Andover.

Oct. 20.--Exeter.

Oct. 27.--Harvard Second Team.

Nov. 3.--Suffield School.

Nov. 10.--Princeton.

Nov. 17.--Yale at New Haven.

The following men were awarded the "HBB" for participation in one or both of the basketball games with Yale:

1. G. Black '24, H. E. Feiring '23, Lewis Gordon '24, capt., M. B. Lowenthal '23, A. E. McLeish '23, Lampoon Merriam '25, W. V. Miller '23, J. L. Rudofsky '24, A. E. Samborski '25, J. F. Lincoln '24, manager.

The appointment of A. H. Tully Jr. '24 as assistant manager of the lacrosse team was approved.

Gymnastic insignia was awarded to the following men:

A. W. Dole '24, M. R. Parsonnet '25, J. R. Weist '24, H. A. Wood Jr. '24, capt.

The award of wrestling insignia to the following men was approved:

E. H. Bates '25, D. W. Evans an S. H. J. Freedman '23, capt., T. W. Hoag '26, Curtis Nelson '24, L. B. Smith '25, W. C. Westhaver '24, R. K. Thompson '23, manager.

With the advice of the captain and coach insignia was awarded H. B. Wagner '23 who wrestled in five meets but not against Yale.

The award of 1926 wrestling insignia to the following men was granted: C. H. Bradford, C. R. Brooks, B. J. Goldberg, F. B. Hayne, F. B. Hill, Leo Schwarz, Carl Stearns, capt., N. P. Lyons '23, manager.

Rifle insignia was awarded to the following men who shot in the Yale match:

J. M. Begg '24, Robert Brandt 3E.S., P. W. Chase '25, C. C. Curtis '25, W. H. Forbes '23, H. H. Fuller 4E.S., Kimball Gray '25, S. G. Houghton '24, F. T. Potter '24, L. B. Robinson '24, Donald Maxwell '23, manager.

The award of 1926 rifle insignia to the following men was approved:

A. R. Allen, Robert Blaney, Richard Collins Jr., P. J. Darlington, Robert Ford. B. D. Leahey, Atherton Noyes Jr., G. H. Perkins, F. D. Stranahan, C. M. Wells, A. M. Bruno '23, manager.

Squash racquets insignia was granted to the following men:

F. I. Carpenter '24, W. P. Dixon '25, Carroll Harrington '24, E. M. Hinkle '23, A. L. Smith '25, Harry Eldridge '24 manager