City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

P.B.K. HONORS FIVE FROM SENIOR CLASS

Will Lead Undergraduates at Phi Beta Kappa Exercises on June 22--Wyman Chose Second Marshal

Five additional members from the class of 1923 were elected yesterday to the University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. The choice was based on records through mid-years of this year; according to the society's constitution it was the purpose of this election to make allowance for records which were incomplete at the regular November election through illness, transfer or similar causes. A final election will be held during Commencement Week, at which degrees with distinction and other scholastic honors will be considered. The customary number to be chosen at that time is five, bringing the membership total of the class to 40.

The new members from the class of 1923 are:

Samuel Brown, of Fall River; Edward Rondthaler Chase, of Ware; Raymond samuel Fanning, of Chattanooga, Tenn.; Franklin Samuel Pollak, of New York, N.Y.; Marion Wesley Self, of Abilene, Texas.

The First Marshal for 1923, who leads the undergraduates of the University chapter at the Phi Beta Kappa Day exercises on June 22, is Henry Jacob Friendly '23, of Elmira, N.Y. The Secretary and Second Marshal is Jeffries Wyman Jr. '23, of Cambridge. Gerald Garvey Dolphin '24, of Scranton, Pa., has been chosen by the Junior Eight as secretary for next year, and Francis Ezra Bowman '24, of Cleveland Heights, O., will be in charge of the Tutoring Bureau.

Word was received recently that the Yale chapter of Phi Beta Kappa has accepted the University chapter's challenge for a baseball game, which has been an annual custom in past years, but was omitted in 1922. The game this year will be played at Soldiers Field on Saturday, June 9.