SIX CRIMSON RUNNERS PLACE IN FINBAR MEET

Brooks Wins First Place in 100-Yard Dash--Allen and W.L. Chapin Take Seconds in Half-Mile and Mile

Six members of the University track team captured places in the four track events of the Seventeenth Annual Field Day of the Knights of Saint Finbar, yesterday afternoon at Russell Field, North Cambridge.

R. L. Brooks '26, with a handicap of four yards, won the hundred yard dash in 10 1-5 seconds, while Vinton Chapin '23, with one yard handicap, took third place.

R. G. Allen '26 won a second place in the half-mile, which was probably the most interesting race of the afternoon. Starting at scratch with A. T. Kirley, the Boston College runner, he worked his way up to a challenging position at the end of the first lap. Kirley, however, passed him at this point, and both outdistanced the rest of the field at the straightaway. Allen gained several yards in the final sprint but lost the race by a few feet.

W. L. Chapin '25 with a 65-Yard handicap, captured second place in the mile, leading B. R. Cutcheon '25, who had ten yards, by a good margin.

The only other Crimson point-winner was J. H. Broome '26, who came in third in the 440 with an eight-yard handicap.