NORWICH POLO TEAM DOWNS CRIMSON 12-2

P. S. Sprague '24 and F. D. Stranahan '26 Make Tallies--Sprague Elected Captain Before Start of Match

NEW YORK, N. Y., May 8.--Although showing superior team work the University R. O. T. C. polo team went down to defeat by the score of 12-2 before the far better individual mallet work of the Norwich horsemen on the polo field at Fort Hamilton this afternoon. The Crimson goals were scored by P. S. Sprague '24 and F. D. Stranahan '26. Before the match Phineas Shaw Sprague of Boston was elected captain of the team.

Had the polo team won today's match it would have remained in New York until Thursday when Yale would be its opponent in the semi-finals.

The tournament has now narrowed down to six colleges which are still in the running for the championship. They are Yale, Norwich, Princeton, Pennsylvania, and West Point; the Virginia Military Institute and Cornell also having been eliminated in previous matches. The Princeton Pennsylvania match will take place tomorrow, ending the first round of the tourney.

The line-ups were: HARVARD  R. O. T. C.  NORWIOH Bliss  One  Plumley Stranahan  Two  Mellon Phelps  Three  Brown Sprague  Back  Switzer