UNDEFEATED FRESHMEN WILL OPPOSE ANDOVER

Tennis Players Face Stiff Opposition Especially From Watson -- Second Team to Meet Newton High School

Today the Freshman tennis players will journey to Andover, where they will meet the powerful school team on its home courts. The first-year men, who defeated M. I. T. 1926 by a 9 to 0 score and Worcester 6 to 0, will today encounter some of the stiffest opposition which their schedule will provide. Watson, the individual star of the Andover team, is one of the best junior players in the country. He has been captain of the Andover team for three years, and two years ago beat W. W. Ingraham '25, who was then interscholastic champion. Last spring the Andover team which he led defeated Exeter 8 to 1. he himself defeating in the singles play the Exeter captain, W. T. Smith '26, captain and number one man of the Freshman team.

The first-year men will line up as follows:

Singles,--W. T. Smith, G. H. Perkins, G. D. Debevoise, L. A. Weisman, Bernard Bandler II, and G. M. Laimbeer.

Doubles,--Smith and Debevoise, Perkins and A. R. Allen Jr., Weisman and Laimbeer.

The Andover line-up:

Singles,--Watson, Gordon, Evans, Failing, Ward, and Reily.

Doubles,--Watson and Gordon, Evans and Failing, Reily and Remington.

Seconds in Opening Contest

Beginning at 4 o'clock this afternoon the second tennis team will meet the representatives of Newton High School on the Divinity Courts in nine matches. This is the opening contest of the spring for the University seconds, but they should be able to dispose of the schoolboys without much difficulty. For the seconds Farnham, Cabot, Duncan, Starlem, Knox, and Upjohn will play in the singles, while the doubles teams will be Farnham and Cabot, Stralem and Knox, and Duncan and Upjohn.