TENNIS TEAM CHOOSES PFAFFMANN AS CAPTAIN

WON LETTER LAST SUMMER ON ENGLISH TRIP

At a meeting yesterday afternoon of the tennis men who played on the first team against Yale last Saturday, Karl Slade Pfaffmann '24 of Quincy was unanimously elected captain for next year.

Pfaffmann has been one of the most consistent performers on the team this year, where he has been playing at number four for the greater part of the season. In the doubles he has been paired with Guild, making a combination which has proved second only to that of Duane and Ingraham.

Pfaffmann prepared at Andover where he captained the team in his Senior year. During his Freshman year at the University Pfaffmann was captain of the 1924 tennis team which defeated Yale 1924 by a 5 to 4 score in addition to winning the greater part of its other matches.

Last season he played at number three in the singles and paired with Duane in the number one doubles combination. During the summer Pfaffmann, with Duane, Ingraham and three Yale players, was a member of the American team which won six of its eight matches in England. All three of the University players who made this trip received their "H" by a special vote of the Athletic Committee on the recommendation of the Student Council.