FIRST ENGLISH INVADERS TO ARRIVE NEXT WEEK

SCHEDULE OF VISITORS NOT YET DEFINITELY ARRANGED

Although the schedule for the Oxford-Cambridge tennis team's matches in America this summer has not yet been completed, the dates on which the players will arrive have been definitely set.

Four of the English net-men will land on Friday, June 22, in order to take part in the intercollegiate championship tournament during the following week. The two remaining players will join their team mates on Monday, July 2. Before they start on their tour, the Englishmen will probably stay at Seabright, N. J.

It was originally expected that the transatlantic team would include several Canadian colleges in its trip, but according to the latest plans, which have been largely arranged by the H. A. A., this northern tour has been abandoned.

The visit of the Oxford and Cambridge players to America comes as the result of the trip which six undergraduates from the University and Yale made in England last summer. The three Crimson players who played on this team. Duane, Pfaffman, and Ingraham, did not, however, officially represent the University, since the Athletic Committee declined to finance the undertaking. The cost of the ocean voyage was therefore borne by the English universities, but all other expenses were paid by the men themselves.

The trip last summer proved highly successful for the American team, since it won six of its matches, lost one, and tied another. The single defeat which the invaders sustained was at the hands of the Queen's Club team, which triumphed 6-3.