RAY TO MAKE ANOTHER ATTACK ON MILE RECORD

RACE TO COME WEDNESDAY AFTER YALE BASEBALL GAME

On next Wednesday afternoon in the Stadium, Joie Ray will make another attempt to break the world's record for the mile distance, according to plans given out yesterday by the track management.

The national champion was disappointed by his performance in the H. A. A. handicap meet last Saturday, but still feels that under favorable conditions he is capable of covering four laps on the Stadium track in less than 4 minutes 12 3-5 seconds. He communicated with the H. A. A. and, with its consent, he is planning to make a second attempt to lower the mark at 5.40 o'clock on Wednesday. This race will take place directly after the Yale baseball game, and large crowd of enthusiasts will probably be on hand to encourage him in his record-breaking attempt.

When asked whom he would run against Ray next week, Coach Martin stated that he would race all of his men who would not need to run in the English trip trials the following Saturday. This will exclude Freshmen, and members of the University squad about whose going there is some doubt, but any members of the team who make a showing in the Yale meet Saturday which assures them a position on the team going to England, will be available to draw out Ray to his best possible performance. The race will be a handicap contest, and admission to it will be free.