CRIMSON TRACK ATHLETES DEPART FOR NEW HAVEN

ELI TEAM FAVORED ON BASIS OF COMPARATIVE RESULTS

After resting yesterday afternoon, the University track squad of nearly sixty men will leave at 9 o'clock this morning for New Haven, where tomorrow it will encounter, in its objective meet of the season, the dangerous Eli team. Starting from Cambridge shortly after 1 o'clock yesterday, the Crimson athletes journeyed to Manchester, where they passed the afternoon, and after dinner at the Essex Country Club, returned early in the evening.

Tomorrow's contest will be the thirtieth dual meeting of the two universities on the track. In the twenty-nine previous encounters, the first of which came in 1891, Yale teams have won 16, while the remaining 13 have gone to the Crimson. Last year, upsetting all forecasts, a University team by many fighting finishes at the tape, brought to a close a string of four Yale wins, turning in a victory by the close margin of 70 13-15 to 64 2-15. Again this year the odds are greatly in favor of Yale on the basis of comparative results, but on the other hand, the Crimson team from last year's contests gained a very clear idea of what can be accomplished against overwhelming odds.

Yale Won Easily From Princeton

On May 5 the Eli athletes faced the Tiger on its home track, and carried off a victory in brilliant fashion by a 76 2-3 to 58 1-3 count. Two weeks later, however, the Princeton team invaded the Stadium and overwhelmed the Crimson track men in a meet featured by many record performances, the final score standing 85 1-2 to 49 1-2. The following week-end, many University athletes competed in the intercollegiate contests in Philadelphia, but were able to collect only six points for eleventh place. Yale, however, amassed a total of 23, and was beaten for the title only by California and Princeton.

In the Yale-Princeton meet, the Elis took two places in the quarter-mile and in the broad jump, but in both of these events the Tigers made a clean sweep against the University squad. On the other hand, in the Princeton meet three. University high jumpers tied for first place, while in the Princeton-Yale meet two weeks previously, two Tigers had entered a four-cornered tie for first with two of the Eli jumpers.

Blue Strong In Dashes

Both of the dashes should have a distinctly Blue tinge, as also the pole vault, in which the Yale entrants took all three places against Princeton. In the javelin throw, also, Yale has a distinct advantage, since both Storrs and Bench are making some long heaves this season. In the Yale meet last year Greenidge won for the University over Storrs, but this season the Yale spearsman has shown very great improvement, and his throws are all hovering around the 200-foot mark.

Tonight the University squad will stay at Woodmont, Conn., on the shore about five miles from New Haven.