BRIGGS TO TAKE GUILD'S PLACE ON TENNIS TEAM

Has Shown Improvement Since Yale Match and Won Test Match Yesterday--4 Players to Enter Intercollegiates

Although the line-up of the University tennis team for the intercollegiate tournament has not been definitely decided, it is expected that Briggs will replace Guild as the fourth man. In the test matches which have been held since the encounter with Yale Briggs has shown increasing power and yesterday afternoon on the grass courts at Longwood triumphed over Guild in two sets out of three. The tournament will be held at the Merion Cricket Club in Philadelphia and will begin on June 25.

If Captain Duane decides to take part in the, intercollegiates, he will not participate in the singles but will pair with Ingraham in the doubles. In this event the singles team will have only three men, Ingraham, Pfaffmann, and Briggs, with the two last named pairing for the other doubles team.

If Duane cannot play in-the tournament at all, however, Ingraham will team up with Pfaffmann, and Briggs with Guild. Although the first two of these men did not play together during the regular season, they have been practising as a doubles combination since the Yale match, and have proved themselves an effective team. In a recent match with Herndon and Bundy of the Business School team, this new Crimson combination triumphed with ease.