ARCHITECTURAL STUDENTS WILL STUDY ART ABROAD

Special Party Under Leadership of Professor A. C. Phelps of Cornell to Tour Europe During Summer

American students of architecture will be interested in the opportunity offered to them by the Institute of International Education to study the development of architecture in Europe next summer under Professor A. C. Phelps, professor of architecture in the College of Architecture, Cornell University. Professor Phelps will be a member of the faculty of the Art Students' Tour which has been organized for the summer of 1923 under the sponsorship of the Institute; other members will be Miss E. R. Abbot of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, as a lecturer on the history and appreciation of painting and sculpture, Mr. J. C. Tidden of Rice Institute, Texas, as instructor in painting and lecturer on the fine arts from the standpoint of the creative artist, and others whose names will be announced later.

The group will sail from New York on June 30, 1923, on the Cunarder "Saxonia". Professor Phelps will lecture during each day of the transatlantic voyage.

After landing at Cherbourg, the group will visit Paris and Versailles, Rome, Perugia, Assissi, Florence, Venice, Milan, Ghent and Bruges, Brussels and Antwerp, the Dutch cities of Amsterdam, Haarlem and the Hague, and finally England. The return voyage will be by the "Saxonia", due to arrive in New York, September fourth.