THE CRIMSON BOOKSHELF

According to Gibson: by Denis Mackall. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 1923. $2.00

By J. A. B.

First Reflections on the Campaign of 1918: R. M. Johnston. Henry Holt and Company: New York, 1920.

Professor Johnston was attached to the General Staff at Pershing's Headquarters for more than a year, making a number of intimate visits to the active front, and acting as special envoy to Paris and London. His work retains an unusual breadth of point of view.

The Eastern Question and its Solution: by Morris Jastrow, Jr. J. B. Lippincott Company: Philadelphia, 1920.

A book by an eminent authority dealing with the failure of European diplomacy in the Near East, the present situation, the question of mandates, and the international solution.

The Life of Leonard Wood: by John G. Holme. Illustrated. Doubleday, Page and Company: New York, 1920.

The timely biography of a great national figure.

Handbook of Travel: Prepared by the Harvard Travellers' Club. Harvard University Press: Cambridge, 1918.

Compiled by the Travellers' Club in furtherance of its avowed purpose of promoting intelligent travel and exploration. Various articles written by authorities in each particular department of the work.

Shorttyping: A System of Machine Shorthand for the Typewriter: by John Ira Brant. Blue Star Publishing Company: New York, 1920. (second edition)