CREWS HOLD FIRST PRACTICE ON THAMES

Freshmen Now Have Full Quota--More Easy Paddles Are Scheduled on Today's Program

Red Top. Conn., June 4.--Coaches Muller and Haines put their respective charges through their first series of work-outs today. This being the initial practice on the Thames since the arrival of the Crimson squad at training quarters, work consisted entirely of paddling, with no attempt at anything approaching a high stroke.

The morning program for the University crews consisted of a four-mile row to the submarine base. Coach Muller took the place of Captain A. H. Ladd Jr. '23 at number 6 in the first boat during the trip down stream, but on the return paddle Ladd was again at his old place and the two eights rowed back side by side.

Morning work for the Freshmen came also at 11.30, the 1926 crew going down to the three-mile mark in a series of short stretches of paddling.

The first trip over the four-mile course was undertaken by University A late this afternoon. Coach Muller took his charges out at about 6 o'clock and the crew paddled down to the New York, New Haven, and Hartford railway bridge and back.

Afternoon work for the Freshmen consisted only of a short paddle. The 1926 combination is again at full strength as a result of the return of J. W. Adie to his position at stroke. Adie had been out the latter part of last week, and since Kent Leavitt is back at number 7 Coach Bert Haines now has his complete quota with which to work.

The combination crew did nothing very strenuous today, their practice being confined to a paddle to the three-mile mark this morning and afternoon. Tomorrow's schedule of practice will be much the same as that in effect today.

The daily program for the Red Top squad follows: Breakfast  7.30 Examinations  8.30-11.30 Morning row  11.45 Lunch  1.30 Tea  4.00 Afternoon row  6.00 Supper  7.30 Bed  10.00