FAMOUS STARS TO ENTER H. A. A. MEET

Amateur Champion Will Probably Be Opposed by Connolly of Georgetown--Gourdin Is Back in Broad Jump

Many of the most prominent track men in the East have already signified their intention of competing in the open handicap meet of the H. A. A. in the Stadium Saturday, while definite replies are being awaited from several more well-known athletes. In addition to the specially invited runners, there will be many entrants from the University track squad, M. I. T., and the B. A. A.

Among the definite starters in the special quarter are Taylor of Princeton and Dudley of the B. A. A. Others who have been invited and will probably take part include Captain Storrs of Williams and Tierney of Holy Cross. Koppisch of Columbia has definitely stated that he will not compete.

Although final commitments have not been made by either of them, it is probable that Ray, the national amateur mile champion, and Connolly of Georgetown, will be the outstanding competitors in the special mile race. Douglas of Yale, and Kirby of Cornell, have definitely decided that they will not be able to run Saturday.

Three Stars from Newark A. C.

From the Newark A. C., three stars will come to Cambridge to take part in the meet. Christensen, the hurdler, will find some stiff opposition in the lows from Taylor of Princeton, and in the highs from Hauers of the University. Murphy, the Newark high jumper, will encounter Brown of Dartmouth, the intercollegiate champion. The third of the Newark entrants is Murchison, who looks like a winner in the dashes.

E. O. Gourdin '21, winner of the broad jump in the Harvard-Yale-Oxford-Cambridge meet two years ago, will take part in his favorite event on Saturday as well as in the 100-yard dash, the shot put, and the discus and javelin throws.