The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

BACON TO BE NEW ASSISTANT DEAN

Latter Will Leave University for Secretarial Work-Chase to Devote Full Time to Teaching

Mr. Robert Earle Bacon, G. '18, of Bridgeton, New Jersey, now assistant in English at the University, has been appointed assistant dean of Harvard College in charge of next year's Freshman class. Mr. Bacon graduated from Lafayette in 1917, took his A. M. degree at the University in 1918, served as an ensign in the U. S. Naval Reserve Force during the war, taught English at Trinity College from January, 1919, to June, 1920, and during the past three years has been assistant in English here. He is now head proctor in Gore Hall.

Mr. Kenneth B. Murdock '16, assistant dean from 1919 to 1922, will return to University Hall next year as assistant dean in charge of Juniors and Seniors. Mr. David M. Little '18 will continue as assistant dean for the Class of 1926, which next year will be the Sophomore class. Mr. Delmar Leighton '19 will be assistant dean in charge of records, taking the place of Mr. Edward R. Gay '19, who is leaving the University to become secretary of the National Council of Schools of Religion. Mr. Philip P. Chase '00, at present assistant dean in charge of Sophomores, is leaving the dean's office next year to give his full time to teaching in the history department.