TO CALL 1927 FOOTBALL CANDIDATES ON MONDAY

MANAGERSHIP COMPETITION WILL START MONDAY MORNING

The Freshmen football season will open Monday at 3 o'clock with a meeting of all candidates for the team at the Locker Building on Soldiers Field. Head Coach T. J. Campbell '12 will outline the early season work after which the entire squad will be put through its first practice. Coach Campbell was head coach at the University of North Carolina in 1920. The following year he coached the 1925 Freshman team and last fall took the position of head coach at the University of Virginia. While there a turned out a team that held Princeton to a 5 to 0 score. While in College he played three years on the University team at half back. He will be assisted in his work by four former University players, H. W. Clark '23, last year's center; P. B. Kunhardt '23, tackle on last years team; R. L. Finley '21, who played end and Mitchell Gratwick '22, a half back.

The appointment of Coach Campbell marks a new era in Freshman football at the University. Heretofore it has been customary for a Freshman coach to hold his position for only one year. Coach Campbell has undertaken his duties permanently with the aim in view of building up a lasting and definite system of football for the freshmen to correspond to the University system. Such a continuity of coaching will not only produce a better freshman system but it will train first year men more efficiently for the University squad.

The freshman schedule includes six games beginning with that with Andover on October 13 and closing on November 17 with the contest with the Yale 1927 team.

The complete schedule follows:

October 13.--Andover.

October 20.--Exeter.

October 26--Second University.

November 3--Suffield School.

November 10--Princeton 1927.

November 17.--Yale 1927.

Freshman Manager candidates will be called out on Monday when they will meet at 10 o'clock in the H. A. A.