GRADUATE SCHOOLS SHOW INCREASE IN ENROLLMENT

MEDICAL SCHOOL WILL HAVE NO VACANCIES

So far 6445 men have enrolled in the University, of which 2913 are registered in the College alone.

A marked increase in enrollment over last year in almost every department of the University is shown by the figures for the first four days of registration as compared with the same time last year.

The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences on the opening day this year had 24 more students enrolled than on the first day in 1922. The School now has an enrollment of 632, as compared with 605 students registered at a corresponding time last year (and there are certain to be further increases, as many teachers and other professional men of Boston and neighboring cities who take only part-time work are permitted to register later.

The School of Public Health, beginning its third year, has practically doubled its last year's enrollment for the first four days, and has already exceeded last year's total registration. At present it contains 18 students, in comparison with 10 registered at this time a year ago.

The Graduate School of Education has now on its rolls 170 students in compari son with 136 registered at the same time a year ago.

Other schools giving out 1923 numbers for the first time and showing an increase in registration are the Engineering School, which, with 250 registrations, has one more than it had last year at the end of the fourth day of college; the Theological School, having enrolled 73 students, an increase of 10 over last year's figures; and the Bussey Institution, having registered to date 14 students, one more than last year.

The school of Architecture has at present 38 men enrolled, compared to last year's 39, and the School of Landscape Architecture has 39, as compared with 42 last year.

The Graduate School of Business Administration has already 519 members as compared with 457 at this time last year, and its final registration in 1922 of 468.

The Law School with 1055 registrations is already 64 ahead of last year's figures at a corresponding time.

The Medical School, limited to 500 students, has no vacancies, and of its members 492 have already registered, one less than the number that registered during the first four days of 1922. The Dental School has already 196 registrations, compared to last year's figures of 206.

The College now contains 2913 men, an increase of 55 over the opening day figures this year, and 275 more than were registered at this time last year. The number of students transferred from other colleges, 83, is notably smaller this year than in 1922 at this time when 140 were enrolled. There are now 41 special students as compared with 34 last year at this time.

Total registration for Harvard University at the end of the fourth day of registration is 6445, in comparison with 6075 last year