BASKETBALL MEN TO STAGE DOUBLE BILL

Coach Wachter Hopes to Better Tufts' 44-19 Victory Over Up-State Players--Rauh Out With Sprained Ankle

The first basketball double-header of the season will be played at Hemenway Gymnasium this evening when the University five meets Worcester Tech and the Freshman oppose the first-year quintet from M. I. T. The Freshman game will begin at 7 o'clock and the University contest will follow it immediately, probably at about 8.15.

The Crimson five, unless it suffers a complete reversal of form, should add another to its string of victories. The Worcester Engineers offered feeble opposition to the strong Tufts quintet last Saturday, losing by a 44 to 19 score. Coach Wachter, however, expects them to make a more formidable showing this evening. Their zone system of defense, when perfected, is difficult to penetrate. Its ineffectiveness Saturday was apparently due to lack of practice.

The Harvard line-up remains unchanged. Rauh, who has been threatening to displace Combs at center, has sprained his ankle and will probably be out of the game until next week. Maher has also been injured, but he can be used tonight if necessary.