CRIMSON TO CONDUCT POLL ON PEACE PLAN

Voters' Signatures on Ballots Will be Checked Up to Prevent Repeating--Open to All Members of University

The Bok Peace Plan will be weighed in the balance by a ballot throughout the University under the auspices of the CRIMSON, beginning tomorrow morning and continuing until the following Wednesday night.

Ballot boxes will be placed at convenient centers in the various departments of the University. These polling places will be announced in tomorrow's CRIMSON. Every officer, faculty members, and student in the University is eligible to vote. There will be no poll-watchers, but blank ballots will be left beside the boxes. These ballots must be signed, and the signatures will be checked to prevent voters' repeating. It is requested that each signature be accompanied by the signer's class and department of the University.

Considered "Best Practicable Plan"

The Bok Plan is being tested by a nation-wide referendum, after which the name of its originator will be announced. Of the 22,165 plans submitted, the judges selected the one which they deemed "the best practicable plan by which the United States, may cooperate with other nations to achieve and preserve the peace of the world."

In brief, the winning plan proposed:

I. That the United States shall immediately enter the Permanent Court of International Justice, under the conditions stated by Secretary Hughes and President Harding in February, 1923.

II. That without becoming a member of the league of nations as at present constituted, the United States shall offer to extend its present co-operation with the league and participate in the work of the league as a body of mutual counsel under conditions which

1. Substitute moral force and public opinion for the military and economic force originally implied in Article X and XVI.

2. Safeguard the Monroe doctrine.

3. Accept the fact that the United States will assume no obligations under the treaty of Versailles except by act of congress.

4. Propose that membership in the league should be opened to all nations.

5. Provide for the continuing development of international law.