SIMS TO SPEAK HERE AT PROHIBITION CONFERENCE

PROFESSOR A. B. HART '80 ALSO ON PROGRAM

Student attitude toward law enforcement, especially of the 18th amendment, will be emphasized at the three successive meetings of the Student Section of the New England Citizenship Conference on Sunday, January 20. Although the original intention was to hold the meetings at M. I. T., they will be held at Harvard, at Phillips Brooks House and at the Union.

According to latest developments yesterday, the feature of the day will be a speech by Rear Admiral William S. Sims on the subject "The Undergraduate and the Eighteenth Amendment," at the 3.30 P. M. Mass Meeting at the Union. Admiral Sims recently delivered the same address before 2000 Yale students, and before almost the entire undergraduate body at Princeton.

Professor Albert Bushnell Hart '80 will talk at Phillips Brooks House at 10.30, and Rabbi Harry Levi at 2.30; on subjects to be announced later. Open forums for discussion will be held at both meetings.

Referring to the Conference Mr. Stanley High, one of the editors of the Christian Science Monitor, told a Crimson reporter yesterday that "The so called wet vote at Harvard and reports of wet sentiments in other Colleges have aroused dry sentiment among the students."

"I believe that our colleges are not so wet as newspaper publicity would have us think," said Mr. Vernon L. Phillips, Chairman of the Students Section, yesterday. "Students believe in law and order," ideals which he went on to say were the objects of the Citizenship Conference.