HUDSON URGES ALL TO VOTE; STIPULATES INTELLIGENCE

By Manley O. Hudson.

"The Bok Prize plan offers an opportunity for individual Americans to express themselves with reference to the policy which our country has followed since the War. People so often say to me: 'What can we do?' At least they may vote on the plan. That is something, and it does not require much sacrifice of time and energy.

"It is important, however, that the vote should be intelligent, and to this end, each person voting should have read the plan carefully in advance. Moreover, in the case of University students, I think each should have taken some pains to verify statements made and to make sure that he checks up the information in his own mind.

"Whether one approves or opposes the present plan, he ought to welcome the 'opportunity which is offered for a general expression of opinion and for the registration of Americans' attitude much more specifically than is possible in case of an election where so many wishes are entertained.

"Personally I am in favor of the plan. It is not all I should like, and yet I think it would constitute a distinct advance on the present situation."