POLO TEAM TO MEET VETERAN TRIO TODAY

But Opponents Have Excellent Record--Have Defeated Yale--101st Trio All Harvard Alumni

Polo, Harvard's infant sport, will make its initial bow before the public this evening at 8 o'clock when the University riders play the 101st Field Artillery at the Commonwealth Armory. On the same program the Essex County team will oppose the 110th Cavalry. The two matches will be played in alternating chukkers, so there will be no delays.

Captain Clark, coach of the Crimson trio, is delighted with the progress that his charges have made and expects them to give a good account of themselves tonight. They have taken on a big contract in selecting the 101st Artillery outfit as their first opponents, however, for the soldiers are the most formidable aggregation in this vicinity.

G. E. Kent '25, J. G. H. Pell '26 and G. J. Farrelly '26, the Crimson starters, are all expert horsemen, and all three have played a good deal of outdoor polo. Although the indoor game is vastly different, this fact ought not to handicap the University players. In a practice contest at the Armory before the holidays, Captain Clark's trio defeated the 110th Cavalry 8 to 2. During the Christmas recess, the Harvard riders assembled informally at Pinehurst, N. C., and won two games out of three from the Sandhil Polo Club.

The 101st Field Artillery team is made up almost entirely of Harvard graduates. Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Needham '13, Major C. L. Furber '08, and Lieutenant T. B. Pitman '14 are veteran polo players, experienced in both the outdoor and the indoor game. This combination has defeated all the strong polo teams in Greater Boston and has to its credit a victory over Yale.