QUINTET FACES CRUCIAL COLUMBIA FIGHT TODAY

PRINCETON, PENN, ARMY, NAVY, VICTIMS OF BLUE AND WHITE

With a string of five straight victories to spur them on, the University basketball players will face their sternest test of the season this evening when the Columbia quintet appears at the Hemenway court. The New York collegians are rated as the best team in the Intercollegiate League and have made the impressive record of nine victories in ten starts.

The Crimson line-up will be the same combination that played the greater part of the Brown game. Rauh at center seems to fit more effectively than Combs into Coach Wachter's theory of "Every man a scoring factor". Combs is by no means out of the running, however, and he will undoubtedly see service this evening. Whoever holds down the pivotal position will have a worthy foreman, as Mannheim, the visitors tip off man, is the tallest center in intercollegiate ranks. The Crimson will probably have to make the best of being continually out-jumped.

Columbia's Record Brilliant

Columbia's record includes triumphs over Princeton, Pennsylvania, Army, Navy, and Colgate. Its 37 to 20 victory over the phenomenal Army five first brought the Morningside Heights team into prominence. Previous to that game the Cadets had piled up 32 consecutive victories. Columbia's sole setback came last Saturday when Dartmouth squeezed out a 21 to 20 win after trailing 18 to 12 at half time. Dooley, the Green's football field general, scored the winning basket.

Lustig and Strom are among the best forwards in the intercollegiate League. Captain Wilson is an experienced guard of proven ability. His running mate, Farer, is a former C. C. N. Y. star. Mannheim at center is the keystone of the attack.