QUINTET TO SHARE FLOOR WITH MATMEN

Injured Leg. Prevents Crimson Captain From Starting Against Williams--Loss a Blow to Team's Scoring Power

A basketball game with Williams and a wrestling meet with the Boston Y. M. C. U. will be the two attractions in a unique double-header at the Hemenway Gymnasium this evening. The basketball game will follow directly after the wrestling meet, beginning at about 8.30.

Coach Wachter's men will line up with Merriam in the place of Captain Gordon. The latter injured his leg in the Columbia fray Monday, and he will not be used tonight unless it is necessary. It will be interesting to see how the Harvard attack functions without Gordon, whose all-around brilliance has made him the mainspring of the Crimson offense. With their versatile leader on the bench, the other University players, who have been systematically feeding him all season, will be forced to rely more upon their own shooting ability. An offense built around a single star may bring good results, but it has a demoralizing effect upon the other players. Tonight's experience should do the team good.

The Williams men have made a none too impressive record. They have one-sided victories to their credit over the Albany Teachers' College, Norwich, Clark, and Middlebury. They were defeated, however, by Trinity 25 to 24, by Wesleyan 34 to 18, and by Princeton last Saturday 43 to 30. Fisher, the center, is their leading scorer. In the Middlebury game he registered 29 of his team's 37 points.