RELAYS ARE CRIMSON BEST BET TONIGHT

Loss Should Not Affect University's Medal Winning Power in Shot-Put--Rely on Dunker and Evans to Place

University track athletes will be pitted against some of the foremost stars in the country in the Knights of Columbus games at Mechanics Building tonight. Loren Murchison, sprinter from the Newark A. C.--perhaps the equal of Charles Paddock--L. R. Brown, former Dartmouth high-jumper and joint holder of the world's indoor record, and Lloyd Hahn, conqueror of the great Joie Ray in New York last Saturday, are a few of the more notable entries.

63 University men are entered in eleven events, including four relays. All the relay teams should give a good account of themselves, but among the other events only in the shot-put and 45-yard high-hurdles do Harvard representatives loom up as likely medal winners.

Eastman Out of Shot-Put

With C. A. C. Eastman '24 out of the shot-put event with an old football injury, the Crimson will depend on H. T. Dunker '24 and Earl Evans '24 to wrest honors from the other strong entries. They will meet the greatest opposition in Ralph Hills, Princeton football guard, and Olympic shot-put prospect, and Orville Wanzer, powerful policeman from the New York A. C.

On C. I. Paulsen '27, brilliant hurdler from The Hill School, rests the University's chance to be represented among those who place in the 45-yard high hurdles. Paulsen, who won the low hurdles in the Boston Y. M. C. A. meet last Saturday, will have to travel fast to beat Herbert Meyer, Newark A. C. Staf.

McGlone Strong in 600

J. C. McGlone '26 and H. R. Kobes '26 will probably be the first to carry the Crimson over the finish line in the 600-yard and 1000-yard races. However, they will be in fast company. Even more are R. D. Gerould '24, J. M. Greeley '25, and Malcolm Morse '24, likely to be overshadowed in the high jump. Each of this trio has done 5 feet, 10 inches, whereas Brown, ex-Dartmouth captain, holds the record at 6 feet, 51/2 inches.

In the 40-yard dash, against the famous Loren Murchison, the fastest man in the country on an indoor track, W. R. Chase '26 and A. H. Miller '27 are the strongest University entries. It is possible that a recent automobile injury will slacken Murchison's speed, in which case either Bernie Wefers, Jr., or Charles Carroll, two New York A. C. representatives, may pass him.

Allen Meets Quarter-Mile Champion

All of the relay contests, in which University teams will run promised to be exciting exhibitions. In the Harvard Second B. A. A. race, J. H. Sherburne '24 is to be matched with Lloyd Hahn, and R. G. Allen '26 with James Driscoll, inter-collegiate quarter-mile champion. J. N. Watters '26, star of the Oxford Cambridge meet last summer, in the other long relay race with Georgetown, will be running against George Marsters, of Portland, Maine who was once clocked in 1.55 on an outdoor track, almost a second faster than watter's best.