DEBATERS READY FOR BUSY SEASON

Team for Triangular Debate With Yale and Princeton to be Picked--Will be Held March 21

University and interclass debating will begin full blast with the cessation of mid-year examinations, according to the schedule announced yesterday by the Debating Council. The semi-finals and finals of the interclass debates, and the trials for the University triangular series with Yale and Princeton are the immediate events on the program.

On Wednesday, February 13 will occur the preliminary trials for the triangular squad. The interclass finalists, who will dispute on the following evening, will also be judged as triangular candidates, if they so choose. There speakers will all discuss the present interclass question of limitation of enrolment.

To Pick Nine Men

Twelve men will remain from these trials. On Monday, February 18, they will be sifted, leaving the final squad of nine. In the final trials the candidates will speak on the regular triangular debate question, which Princeton is now engaged in selecting. The University will give the exact wording to the subject chosen, and the statement of the question will be announced on February 15.

Debates to be Held March 21

During the ensuing four weeks, the squad will undergo an intensive course of preparation for the debates, which will be held on March 21. In the course of that period, the six final speakers will be named. A team of three, will travel to New Haven to meet Yale, the other will debate Princeton either in Cambridge or in Boston.

Delivery to be Less Formal

Innovations mark the triangular debate series this year. At a recent conference, the delegates decided in favor of a more informal style of delivery. In addition, at the preliminary trials on January 13, each contestant will speak only to the judges, a change designed to eliminate unfairness to those who speak early in the evening.

Four class teams are new occupied in preparation for the interclass debates. February 12 will find these teams made up of four men each, contesting in the semi-finals of the series, in which two Freshman teams, and the Seniors and Sophomores will be matched. Two days later on February 14, will be the finals to determine the University champions.