P. B. H. ANNOUNCES THREE LECTURES BY PROFESSORS

University Professors Will Present Differing Views of Religion and Science in Living Room

The Phillips Brooks House Association announced yesterday a series of lectures on religion and science to be given at 4.30 on successive Tuesday afternoons beginning directly after midyears in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House. The purpose of the lectures will be to present certain points of contact between religion and science, showing wherein these two fields are antagonistic and wherein they are in agreement.

On February 12 Professor G. H. Parker '87 will speak on the topic, "Evolution and Religion". Professor Parker has been Professor of Zoology in the University since 1906 and is now Director of the Zoological Laboratory. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Prof. Lyman Gives Second Lecture

Professor Theodore Lyman '97 will deliver the second lecture on February 19 on the subject, "Faith and Modern Physical Theory". He holds the chair of Hollis Professor of Mathematics and Natural Philosophy and is also the Director of the Jefferson Physical Laboratory. Like Professor Parker, he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

In the last lecture, on February 26, Professor Alfred C. Lane '83, Pearson Professor of Geology and Mineralogy at Tufts College, will discuss "Some Contacts of Geology and Religion". Professor Lane is also a delegate of the Geological Society of America to the National Research Council.