MINOR SPORTS COUNCIL TO PASS ON STATUS OF POLO

Will Also Consider Appointments and Awards at Tonight's Meeting

At the meeting of the Minor Sports Council which will be held tonight in the Randolph Breakfast Room, the most important subject to be discussed will be the question of making polo a minor sport and it is expected that, a final decision will be reached. At present polo is an activity of the military science department.

The success of the polo team this year, the fact that a coach and indoor practicing facilities have been secured, and the position of a minor sport which polo occupies in Yale and Princeton have brought forward the question of awarding insignia in the University. While the Council's decision is uncertain, it is more than likely to be favorable to the polo team. The team has been practicing all year in the Common-wealth Armory, and, during the vacation played at Pinehurst, North Carolina, winning two out of three games.

In addition to determining the status of polo, the Council will pass on the usual fall sports awards in lacrosse, soccer, and cross-country, and on managership appointments in soccer and cross-country.