MITCHELL ACCEPTS OFFER TO COACH BATTERY CANDIDATES

"I am glad to come back to Harvard," said Mr. F. F. Mitchell to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday. Mitchell, University baseball coach in 1916, has accepted an offer to coach the Harvard battery candidates this year. He had a notably successful season with the 1916 University nine, which lost only three contests out of 26 and defeated both Yale and Princeton in straight games. Since that time he has been a major league manager, piloting the Chicago and Boston National League teams. He is now business manager of the latter club, a position which will not interfere with his Cambridge coaching duties.

"I shall be able to put in every afternoon until the middle of April," said Mitchell. "I want all the pitchers and catchers in college--both Freshman and Varsity to report at the Locker Building this Wednesday. The routine work will begin Thursday."

This is the earliest date that Harvard baseball men have ever been called out. The scarcity of veteran battery material is the reason assigned for this radical step.