HARRIERS WILL FURNISH HOLY CROSS PRELIMINARY

TIBBETTS WILL RUN AGAINST OLD OLYMPIC TEAM-MATE

The Holy Cross harriers, who run the University cross-country team this afternoon, will make a strong bid for victory,--so Coach Farrell believes. This race is scheduled for 4.15 o'clock and will be run over the Charles River five-mile course.

Coach Sullivan of Holy Cross brings two particularly able runners to Cambridge,--Larribee and Donathy. Larribee was a team-mate of W. L. Tibbetts Jr. '26, who is entered this afternoon for the University, on the Olympic team which represented the United States in the 3000-metre relay race in Paris this summer. Donathy is not the equal of Larribee over a two or three-mile distance, but Coach Farrell rates him above Larribee for any distance of five miles or more.

Captain W. L. Chapin Jr. '25, B. R. Cutcheon '26, and W. L. Tibbetts Jr. '26, thre of the University's best cross-country men, are scheduled to start in the race. In the meet with Middlebury last Friday, Tibbetts and Cutcheon merely paced other members of the squad, while Captain Chapin was not entered. All three will probably go after victory today with two runners like Larribee and Donathy entered against them.

The seven other men entered for the University are: B. E. Swede '27, W. C. Harrison Jr. '26, O. A. Harper '26, H. R. Kobes '26, L. W. Grossman '26, R. W. Lishman '26, and Peppino Portfilio '26, LeB. R. Barker '26 and R. M. Parker '26 may run this afternoon, according to their condition when the race begins. Barker has been disabled for several days.