PLAN LUNCHEON FOR MAUDE AT UNION

First to Apply May Come--Union Will Arrange Similar Lunches in Future for Other Prominent Men.

The first of a series of luncheons to be tendered by the Union to men of prominence in various fields will be held on Thursday at 1 o'clock in the Faculty Room in honor of Cyril Maude, the noted English actor.

The series is being arranged because of the enthusiasm which greeted a luncheon of the same character last spring at which Sir Harry Lauder was the guest of the members.

Attendance Is Limited

Only 40 members will be provided for at the luncheon. The first 40 to sign in a blue book which will be placed at the newsstand for that purpose this morning or to telephone Miss Murray at University 2780 will have places reserved for them. No others will be admitted.

After the luncheon Mr. Maude, who is now appearing in the comedy "Aren't We All" at the Hollis Street Theatre in Boston, will make an informal speech and then will meet personally the members of his audience.

Maude Has Had Many Triumphs

Cyril Maude first came to America on account of ill health at an early age. In Denver, Colorado, he made his stage debut in the fall of 1884 as a servant in the popular melodrama "East Lynne". The next year he returned to England and there he made his first London appearance at the Criterion Theatre as Mr. Pilkie in "The Great Divorce Case". Since that time he has appeared in many plays both in England and America.

He has established for himself a secure position as one of the leading figures on the English-speaking stage. His most famous success was in the leading role of the comedy "Grumpy", which was a sensation not only in New York and London but also in Australia, where he appeared in 1917-18.