COUNCIL CONSIDERS RADICAL INNOVATION

Greenough, McGlone, and Cheek on Body--Briggs Named Secretary--Discuss Class Elections

The appointment of an executive committee, the adoption of a resolution reported to be "a radical innovation in University affairs", and the discussion of plans for holding the Junior and Sophomore class elections in the near future, were the business transacted by the Student Council last evening in a hastily called meeting attended by Dean Greenough.

The content of the "radical" resolution adopted by the Council was not divulged, but it was stated that if the Administrative Board at its meeting this afternoon reports favorably on the resolution it will immediately be made public.

The Executive Committee, which was elected, is composed of Malcolm Whelen Greenough '25 of Boston, Joseph Carlton McGlone '26 of Natick, Massachusetts, and Marion Adolphus Cheek '26 of Brookline. Its duties will consist of preparing the program of each meeting of the Council. It will introduce all petitions and measures that have been suggested to the Council as a whole.

Briggs Chosen Secretary

It was also necessary to elect a new Secretary of the Council. This was due to the fact that the recent election of Everett Wells Martin '26 to that office was found unconstitutional, under the rule forbidding all but Seniors to hold office on the Council. In his place Alden Briggs '25 of Brookline, President of the Glee Club and a member of the University tennis team, was chosen.

The present officers of the Student Council are as follows: President, H. T. Dunker '25; Vice-President, P. H. Robb '25; Secretary, Alden Briggs '25; Treasurer, Gardner Cowles Jr. '25.

Before adjourning the Council directed the President to inform the Class Officers of the Junior and Sophomore Classes that they are expected to make nominations for new Class Officers for the ensuing year. The lists will be announced, it is expected, toward the end of this week.