UNIVERSITY PRESS PRINTS FOUR BOOKS NEXT MONTH

Volume by Elihu Root Included in List--Dr. Cabot's "The Sense of Immortality" Proves Best Seller

Four books by distinguished authors are on the publication list of the University Press, according to an announcement made last night by D. T. Pottinger '06, sales manager of the press.

A biography of William Dean Howells' and a semi-autobiographical volume by Elihu Root, famous senator and Secretary of State are included among the November releases.

Heading the list of books announced by the University Press for November publication, is a study of the life and works of William Dean Howells by O. W. Firkin.

Mr. Firkin devotes the first part of his book to a summary of Howells' life, which is succeeded by a criticism of Howell's versatile productions.

O'Conor Tells of "Changing Ireland"

"Changing Ireland", by Norreys Jephson O'Conor '07, is an interpretation of the late revival of the Celtic Literature and its ideals, especially showing the relation between the political revolution in Ireland and the intellectual realization of a racial literature and culture.

Edgar Pierce '92, in a book entitled the "Philosophy of Character", attempts to solve the problem of the conflict between the religious and ethical points of view and the scientifical point of view.

"Men and Policies" by Elihu Root

"Men and Policies", by Elihu Root, L.L.D. '07, is a collection of addresses, essays, criticism, and articles on law, covering his various activities during the past five or six years. The book contains many essays on modern economic adjustments as well as the author's well-known panegynics to Roosevelt, Choate, Carnegie, Lincoln, Cleveland, and Robert Bacon.

Religious Book Best Seller

Of the books which have already appeared this fall, the best seller has been "The Sense of Immortality" by Phillip Cabot '94. The fact that a religious book shows the greatest sales returns speaks well for the sincerity and force of Mr. Cabot's volume.