F. P. CABOT SUCCEEDS WIGGLESWORTH AS PRESIDENT OF UNION

Wigglesworth Succeeded Henry Lee Higginson, Founder of Union and Its First President

The appointment of Judge Frederick Pickering Cabot '90, of Boston, to succeed Mr. George Wigglesworth '74, of Milton, as President of the Harvard Union was announced by the Governing Board of the Union last night.

Mr. Wigglesworth succeeded the late Major Henry Lee Higginson Hon. '82, the first President and the founder of the Union, upon the latter's death in 1919. Mr. Wigglesworth's resignation as President of the Board of Overseers of the University was announced last spring. Howard Elliott '81 was elected this fall in his place.

In connection with Mr. Wigglesworth's resignation the Governing Boards of the Union yesterday issued this statement.

"The Governing Board and the Undergraduate Committee of the Harvard Union desire at this time to express, for themselves as well as for the University public, their deep appreciation of the faithful and devoted service which the head of the Union has rendered during his four years' incumbency of the office. They furthermore deem themselves peculiarly fortunate in having had the privilege of working for and in having associated with one of Harvard's great benefactors."

Is On Board of Overseers

Judge Cabot was elected last spring to the Board of Overseers of the University. Since 1916 he has been Justice of the Boston Juvenile Court. He is a widely quoted and well known authority on Juvenile delinquencies and is President of the Judge Raker Foundation for research in that field of reform work.