SMITH HALLS CLINCH AUTUMN DORMITORY TENNIS TITLE

Standish and Gore Are Tied for Second as Matches Approach Close

Although there are six matches still to be played, Smith Halls have already won the fall interdormitory tennis tournament, which has been going on for the past week. At present Gore and Standish are tied for second place, each having won ten matches, to 17 for Smith.

The matches were played in three sections, there being five men on each team in each section, and each team played ten matches in a section, five with each of the other two dormitories. The sections came at 2, 3, and 4 o'clock. The victory was due largely to the fact that Smith won nine out of the 14 matches matches played in the 2 o'clock section; thus securing a lead of six matches over Gore, and eight over Standish. There were few individual stars playing for the teams, but each dormitory has one outstanding player, Samuel Dupertrus for Smith, E. N. Fleischaker for Gore, and F. B. Cutts for Standish.

The close of the tournament marks the official end of the season for the year. The courts will be kept open as long as the weather permits, but there will be no more dormitory matches.