1928 ELEVEN WILL FACE STRONG WORCESTER TEAM

COACH CAMPBELL IS OPTIMISTIC OVER CONTEST TODAY

The Freshman football team, still in a crippled condition, will enter the third game of the year this afternoon when it meets Worcester Academy in Soldiers Field.

In spite of the fact that Chauncey, Linscott, Walling, and Pollard, all regular backs, are still on the injured list and will be unable to play, and in spite of the fact that Worcester Academy has one of the strongest schoolboy teams in the East. Coach Campbell seemed optimistic as to the result of the game last night. The Freshman team has been practicing hard during the week and has improved considerably especially in the backfield, which has been very weak. The interference has been strengthened, and a strong defense against forward passing has been established. The line, also, is much faster, and lately the guards and tackles have been opening up better holes for their backfield men.

However Worcester Academy has a powerful eleven and the result should rest largely in the ability of the Freshmen to stop Worcester's fast backs, a task which the Brown Freshmen and Cushing Academy found somewhat difficult. Worcester has not been scored on this year, and has run up high scores against all her opponents. Her regular men are all in condition to play and she is determined to keep her goal line uncrossed.

Although the Freshmen have lost both Exeter and Andover there is no reason to believe that, with this week's practice, today's contest will not be a close one.