"BIG TEST" IS FISHER'S COMMENT

But Coach Knox Declares that Crimson Team Is Better Than in 1923

"Tomorrow's our first real test. After the game tomorrow we will know our team", were the only sentiments expressed by Coach Fisher on the eve of the Dartmouth invasion.

Coach Knox, the official scout for the University, had more specific comments to make. "Dartmouth was clearly two touchdowns better than Yale last Saturday", he told the CRIMSON reporter. "It has a team this year every bit as good as the one that beat us last year. To counterbalance the slight weakening of the defense, it has a more effective offense.

"The Dartmouth team", he continued, "is splendidly equipped and well drilled. Coach Hawley has developed a powerful running attack, and a thoroughly sound passing game."

Coach Knox was emphatic in pronouncing the Crimson team superior to the 1923 eleven. "Dartmouth, however, has one distinct advantage", he went on to say, "in that it started practice a whole month earlier than we did. You can see the result of this in the manner in which the Dartmouth men execute their plays. Longer drill has given them a far more finished performance than we can hope to have."