ARMORY OPENED TO HARVARD POLOISTS

Series Match Between Regimental, Club and College Outfits Proposed--Prospects for University Bright

The University polo team has obtained the use of the Commonwealth Armory, in Boston, for practice three afternoons a week, it was announced last night by Captain S. F. Clark, coach of the team, who received official word to this effect Saturday morning from the offices of Adjutant General A. E. Stevens of the State House.

Polo Men Meet Today

There will be a preliminary meeting of all men interested in polo at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon in Captain Clark's headquarters in Wadsworth House, and on Wednesday afternoon practice will begin at the Armory. This will be the first actual practice which the team has had this year. Because of the lack of a suitable outdoor field, practice so far has been limited to exercising the ponies on Soldiers Field.

Polo League in Prospect

Plans for an indoor polo league which will include local regimental and club teams are already under way, and Captain Clark is making arrangements for a series of league matches which will last throughout the winter.

Among the teams which will take part in these league matches will be the officers' team from the Military Science department of the University. This team, which will consist of Captain S. F. Clark, Major L. A. Craig, Captain J. B. Wogan, and Captain William Spence, has not been made up yet, but its appearance is looked for in the near future.

With all last year's players returning, and with four star Freshmen poloists as well as six or eight upperclassmen who did not come out for the team last year, indications point to a strong team, and Captain Clark is looking forward to having a team of championship calibre.