HARVARD CATHOLICS FORM NEW DISCUSSION FORUM

New Religious Organization Will Hold First Meeting on Thursday--Prof. E. K. Rand to Be Speaker

Believing that there is a place in the University for a religious discussion group independent of Phillips Brooks House and supplementary to its work, several undergraduates have organized the Harvard Catholic Forum.

The object of the new organization, it was stated yesterday, will be "to promote discussion on religious subjects of interest to college students, and to present the Catholic religion, especially as found in the Episcopal Church, as a practical rule of life."

At the first meeting of the Forum Thursday evening, Professor E. K. Rand '94, of the Department of Classics, will begin discussion by a talk on "Has Christianity a place in College?"

Meetings of the Forum, though presenting topics from a Catholic viewpoint, will be open to all members of the University, and all present will be given an opportunity to present their views.

Following Professor Rand's speeclf, the floor will be thrown open to discussion on any part of the speech. By stimulating the interest of students in the University in these discussions, it is hoped there will be a greater interest in religion in the University.

When John Roach Stratton spoke at the Phillips Brooks House last year, a capacity audience heard him expound his views, and answer questions about his doctrines. This unusual interest is expected to crystallize around the discussions in the Forum.

The new movement is being sponsored by R. L. Edsall '26, Aubrey Starke '25, C. P. Morehouse '25, and Walter Whitehead '25.