46 STATES REPRESENTED IN BUSINESS SCHOOL

FIGURES SHOW WIDE GEOGRAPHIC REPRESENTATION

Every state in the Union but Wyoming and Nevada is represented among the 615 men enrolled in the Business School, and of these 615 no less than two out of every seven come from a state west of the Mississippi river. These figures, indicating that to a surprising extent the Business School is geographically representative of the various sections of the country, were given out yesterday.

In the representation by states Massachusetts leads substantially with 126 students, while in the representation by college Harvard stands first with a total of 98, with Dartmouth a poor second with 16, and Princeton third with 15. Then come the Universities of California, Kansas. Minnesota, Yale, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Of the nine colleges named four are in the East and five in the West.

Among the states, New York and Ohio stand after Massachusetts, in a tie of 46, while a far western state, California, is next with 38. Of the 16 states having the largest representation, only four are New England state, eight are in the middle west, two in the tar west, and two in the south.

From the 13 foreign countries represented in the school there are 36 students. China with nine has the largest number, Canada is second with seven, and Japan third with five. Among the other countries represented are Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Russia, Denmark and India. There are six more foreign students this year than last, and the grand total of 615 is 15 in excess of last year's record.